ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT
VERY LOW CURRENT DRAW
STREAMLINED DESIGN - SUPER LOW DRAG
10 METER SCANNING RANGE
3200 Meter Depth Rated Ultra Light Underwater Laser Scanner with easy MUX and IMU Integration specifically designed for
small ROVs and AUVs
The PL3200UW-LW underwater laser
scanner operates by optical triangulation. The projected laser line sweeps the target surface and the high-resolution camera,
centered on the target, captures any deformation of the line and sends the information to the surface laptop or control console where the Newton-developed
algorythms create and record a point cloud, enabling precise, post-session dimensioning using industry standard three-dimensional software.
- Ultra Light Weight Less than 5 Kilos in water
- 3200 Meter Depth Rated 10 Meter scanning range
- IMU and MUX Integration The PL3200UW-LW easily integrates with any MUX and IMU devices for power, communication and postion data.
The UL3200UW only requires 24VDC at less than 1 Amp and GigEthernet from the MUX on the ROV/AUV. Extremely low power for AUV usage.
- Streamlined Design  Low Water Drag
- Extremely High Accuracy  With a longer base line and higher resolution camera than any other underwater laser scanner,
the PL3200UW-LW has the highest accuracy in the industry.
- Live Camera View The PL3200UW-LW, unlike other underwater laser scanners, contains a live operator camera view that greatly
simplifies scanning, shortens scanning time and increases accuracy.
- No Operating Componets Exposed to the Water The PL3200UW-LW is designed with all operating componets fully contained
behind the pressure boundries.
- Designed for Easy ROV/AUV Mounting The PL3200UW-LW requires only GigEthernet and 24VDC from the ROV/AUV at a very
low current draw (Less than 1 AMP).
Convenient mounting pedestals and mounting pads allow for simple gripping or bolting to any ROV/AUV.
- Scan Area The PL3200UW-LW has a scan area of 8.4 Meters by 6.7 Meters at 10 Meters distance from the scanned objects.
- CAD Model Resolution The PL3200UW-LW produces scans with CAD resolutions down to 0.02MM depending on the distance from
the scanned object, IMU update rate and the speed of travel.
- All Digital Data  All data is transmitted to the surface or the AUV vis GigEthernet for permanet storage and later analysis.
- High Strength Aluminum Construction  Heavy Sea Water Anodized
Newton Labs developed and manufactures the PL3200UW-LW Underwater
Laser Scanner specifically for small ROVs and AUVs to gather highly-accurate non-contact
measurements in subsea eviroments.